One Pot Pasta
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.
I think originally comes from Martha Stewart, and I found it through the Lottie + Doof blog